TOWN OF CANAAN ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
Friday, April 21, 2023@7 PM at the
Falls Village Emergency Management Center
188 Route 7 South
FALLS VILLAGE, CONNECTICUT 06031
Electors and others qualified to vote at town meeting are hereby warned of an Annual Town Meeting for the Town of Canaan, Falls Village, Connecticut to be held at the Falls Village Emergency Management Center at 188 Route 7 South on Friday, April 21st at 7 PM to act on the following:
1. To Receive, review and act upon the Annual Auditors Report for the fiscal year 2022-2023.
2. To Receive, review and act upon the report of the offices of the Town of Canaan.
3. Shall the Town of Canaan approve an appropriation of up to $27,500 from Reserve Account 1705336856 for painting of the Town Hall.
4. Shall the Town of Canaan approve an ordinance allowing for the appointment of a Town Treasurer.
5. Any other business that might properly come before the meeting.
Procedure for the proceedings: Roberts Rules of Order will prevail, where not in conflict with Parliamentary Law. In accordance with the principles of a deliberative meeting under both Roberts Rule and Parliamentary Law, participation will be reserved to those present.
Dated at Canaan, Connecticut this 11th day of April, 2023.
Canaan Board of Selectmen
Henry W. Todd, First Selectman