Town of Canaan
Board of Selectmen Meeting
Monday, January 9, 2023@ 7:00 PM or at the
Conclusion of the Board of Finance Meeting if the time is after 7:00 PM
108 Main Street, Falls Village, Connecticut 06031
I. Call to Order
II. Public Comment (limit two minutes)
III. Approval of Pending Minutes-12/12
IV. Treasurer and Tax Collector Reports
a. Written- Request for fund release to FVHT
VI. Selectman Report
1. Traffic Report 126 and 7-No results yet from CT DOT yet but it is active
2. Recommendation on Fiber Optic Cable to BOF from BOS to change wording of motion made last month.
3. Working on getting final details from Frontier and ironing out issues.
4. New round of solar applications to the Eversource NRES in February 2023. We will reapply. Inflation Reduction Act allows us to sell the tax credits since the Town does not pay taxes and there is a step change in productivity with new panels.
5. Boiler failure, cracked, and emergency replacement for up to $7600 for Day Care center. Take from Surplus ARPA funds. Also, $400 overrun on costs for charging station in town to also come from same source.
6. Working on finalizing selection of a painting contractor for Town Hall.
7. Application under TRIPS program for other half of Cobble Road project and one for potential sidewalk extensions in town center
8. Transfer station proposal
VI. Old Business
1. Discussion of bids to paint Town Hall if finalized. May have to be deferred to next town meeting
VII. New Business
1 Tax rebates
2. Transfer Station action and recommendation
VIII. Any Other Business to Properly Come Before the Board