TOWN OF CANAAN ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
Friday, May 5, 2023@7 PM at the
Falls Village Emergency Management Center
188 Route 7 South
FALLS VILLAGE, CONNECTICUT 06031
Electors and others qualified to vote at town meeting are hereby warned of an Annual Town Meeting for the Town of Canaan, Falls Village, Connecticut to be held at the Falls Village Emergency Management Center at 188 Route 7 South on Friday, May 5th, 2023 at 7 PM to act on the following:
1. To Receive, review and act upon the Annual Auditors Report for the fiscal year 2022-2023.
2. To Receive, review and act upon the report of the offices of the Town of Canaan.
3. Shall the Town of Canaan approve an appropriation of up to $27,500 from Reserve Account 1705336856 for painting of the Town Hall.
4. Shall the Town of Canaan approve an ordinance allowing for the appointment of a Town Treasurer. See attachment below
5. Any other business that might properly come before the meeting.
Procedure for the proceedings: Roberts Rules of Order will prevail, where not in conflict with Parliamentary Law. In accordance with the principles of a deliberative meeting under both Roberts Rule and Parliamentary Law, participation will be reserved to those present.
Dated at Canaan, Connecticut this 24th day of April, 2023.
Canaan Board of Selectmen
Henry W. Todd, First Selectman Greg Marlowe David Barger
AN ORDINANCE CONCERNING THE APPOINTMENT OF A
BE IT ENACTED AND ORDAINED
Pursuant to Section 9-185 of the Connecticut General Statutes, the Town Treasurer shall be appointed by the Board of Selectmen. The term of office shall be four years. The first term shall begin the first Monday of January, 2024, except that, should a vacancy occur in the elected Town Treasurer position, the Selectmen shall appoint a Town Treasurer to fill the balance of that term. The Board of Selectmen shall determine the terms and conditions of employment and proposed compensation annually to the Board of Finance.