Town of Canaan
Board of Selectmen Meeting
Monday, March 15, 2023@ 7:00 PM or at the
Conclusion of the Board of Finance Meeting if the time is after 7:00 PM
108 Main Street, Falls Village, Connecticut 06031
I. Call to Order
II. Public Comment (limit two minutes)
III. Approval of Pending Minutes-2/6/23 and 3/8/23
IV. Treasurer and Tax Collector Reports
VI. Selectman Report
1. Cyber review- some small items to fix
2. Change necessary in two accounts, Web Maintenance increase by $4,000 and Dog fund additional funding of $5,000 (due to eviction)-BOF action needed
3. Tier 2 review completed
4. Sent ARPA funds for Day Care, Center on Main
5. Recommendations on sale of 35 RR street-RFP’s for testing soil, appraisal of property and review of alternative parking during tear up of parking lot. P and Z request to vacate property.
6. GIS-not included in budget yet
7. Culvert not funded for state this year-do not want to fund it solely-put in TRIPS?
8. Set Town Meeting.BOF action needed
9. One mil is now $237,183.17 vs. $191,195.42 in 2022.
10. Budget for Town of Canaan is nearing completion.
11. Bridge over the Housatonic is now done. Expect $75,000 in capital returns that should be utilized to reduce the debt undertaken to fund same.
VI. Old Business
VII. New Business
1 Tax rebates
2. Action on RFP’s for testing soil, appraisal of Building , parking lot clearance and vacating property for sale of building. Lease states 15 day notification required
VIII. Any Other Business to Properly Come Before the Board