Building Inspector

The Building Official answers any questions regarding materials and methods of construction for new construction or alterations, and regulates repairs and changes of occupancy to existing buildings. The Building Official is empowered to request proof of consumer protection licensing and registration at permit issuance and during the construction phase of any construction jobs. The Building Official inspects all new and altered buildings for compliance with various buildings codes.

The Building Official works in conjunction with the Fire Marshal and enforces violations of Code. The Building Official also works in conjunction with the Inland Wetland and Planning and Zoning Enforcement Officer, as well as with the Torrington Area Health District to enforce regulations and laws.

**Building permits are required for all footprint expansions and accessory buildings over 200 sq ft. Route Sheets are ONLY required for new construction, footprint expansion/addition or accessory building.

Building Official

James ClarkE



Falls Village Hours:
Wed: 9:00 - 12:00

Building Official Secretary
Mon-Wed: 9am-3pm

(860) 824-0707, ext. 11